Traffic Safety CourseCAadmin
TRAFFIC SAFETY COURSE
Welcome to the
Nelson County Driver
It is your responsibility to confirm your eligibility requirements for this class. Should you have any questions about your eligibility for this class, you may call the Nelson County Attorney’s Office at (502) 348-1850 or a private attorney.
Please review the following criteria for participation in this program:
Eligible to take this class
- Speeding (less than 26 MPH over the limit)
- Failure to Illuminate / Dim Headlights
- Too fast for conditions
- Too slow for conditions
- Improper Passing
- Careless Driving
- Following too closely
- Failure to / Improper Signal
- Vehicle not under control
- Failure to stop (signal, RR crossing or stop sign)
- Failure to yield
- Wrong way on one-way street
- Improper Driving
- Improper Start
- Improper Turn (illegal U-turn)
- Improper lane usage (vehicles keep right except to pass or overtaking vehicle)
- Disregarding compulsory turn lane
- Disregarding Traffic Control Device
- Disregarding Stop Sign
NOT eligible to take the class
- Reckless driving
- Infraction which results in an accident
- Eluding Police
- Failure to Stop for School or Church Bus
- Changing Drivers in a Moving Vehicle
- Driving on Wrong Side of Roadway
- Failure to Yield to Emergency Vehicle
- Following an Emergency Vehicle too closely
- Had a ticket for a moving violation in the last two years
- Participated in this Program within last twelve (12) months
- Pending misdemeanor or felony charges
- More than three offenses on this traffic ticket
- Possession of a CDL (pursuant to 49 C.F.R. § 384.226)
Please Note : the course MUST BE approved by the County Attorney’s Office or the Judge.
Step 1 – Confirm Eligibility
Complete the form below to determine if you qualify for the Traffic Safety Course.
Once we receive your information, we will be back with you within 72 hours (excluding weekends and holidays).
All fields marked with an asterisk* is required.
Your Control Number can be found on the bottom right of your citation. This information is required.